Become a panel member
These are exciting times for NEST. Are you one of the people we need to join our panels’ for the exciting changes ahead?
We are looking for people who share our commitment to shaping the future of our pension scheme and are proud to support NEST and the services we offer. Panel members don’t need to have any particular knowledge or experience but a drive to learn and develop new skills.
NEST Corporation recruits up to 3 panel members a year on the Members’ Panel and Employers’ Panel. Panel members are very important to NEST as they help provide the link between a pension scheme’s governance and its membership. The speed of change and level of complexity of the pension industry makes it very interesting to be involved in.
We listen to our members and participating employers and act upon what they tell us. Through the panels, we work with a select group of members and employers to discuss NEST’s progress and ideas at a greater level of detail, using their feedback to modify our approach where necessary and appropriate. The panels’ meet a minimum of 4 times a year.
As a panel member you’ll be asked to:
- take the views and considerations of members and employers into account
- voice your concerns and share best practice and past experiences
- act as a sounding board for ideas and suggestions proposed by NEST
- provide recommendations on key issues to make sure that specific member and employer concerns are raised at the NEST Corporation Governing Body.
The benefits of being a panel member
- help shape the future of your pension scheme
- an excellent way to learn and develop new skills
- opportunity to meet new people and expand your network
- build up knowledge of a key area of employee benefits
No particular knowledge or experience is required (but an enquiring mind is essential). We will help first time panel members navigate their way through the complicated nature of pensions and terminology.
If you believe you have the time to give and want to make a difference to our pension scheme, then please click on the link below.
“Being part of the NEST panel has enabled me to give an insight into the ‘small business voice’ and share the valuable work of NEST with my small and medium enterprise networks.” Ronke Lawal, Founder of RSL Management Services
“Helping to shape the future of a pension scheme designed to help any employer who needs one is hugely satisfying.” Karen Thomson, Associate Director of Policy, Research and Strategic Visibility, The Chartered Institute of Payroll Professionals (CIPP)