Skip to Main Content

Useful websites

Information about your State Pension

The State Pension will be an important part of everyone’s retirement income. You should make sure you understand how and when you can claim it and how much you might get when you’re planning your retirement.

You can find out more by searching for 'State Pension' at (opens in a new window).

The Pensions Advisory Service

The Pensions Advisory Service (TPAS) (opens in a new window) gives free independent information, advice and guidance on all types of pensions, including workplace pensions.

Citizens Advice Bureau

The Citizens Advice Bureau (opens in a new window) provides free, independent, confidential and impartial advice to anyone on their rights and responsibilities across a whole range of topics.

The Money Advice Service

The Money Advice Service (opens in a new window) offers free unbiased advice to help you make the most of your money. They can help with questions about debt repayment, saving and budgeting.

Getting financial advice

If you have a lot of money in your retirement pot it may be worth talking to an independent financial adviser. They’ll give you advice on the best way to use your money, but they will charge you a fee. You can find an adviser in your area by typing your town or postcode into the search box at (opens in a new window).

The Pensions Regulator

The Pensions Regulator (TPR) (opens in a new window) is the UK regulator of work-based pension schemes. Employers can find their staging date and details about what sort of workplace pension they have to provide. They’ll also have to let the regulator know how they’re meeting their duties within the five months after their staging date. This is called a ‘declaration of compliance’.

Warning: Pension liberation fraud

Please be aware there are an increasing number of companies claiming they can help members take all or a larger amount of their pension savings as cash. You need to be very careful if a company says they can do this for you.

Often these arrangements can result in tax charges and penalties of more than half the pot’s value and usually you won’t be told about this. If you’re concerned you should consider taking advice from an independent financial adviser.

You can find out more from The Pensions Regulator (opens in a new window).



Last updated 11/19